Friday, March 2, 2012

Revelation and Inspiration are Critical

They had their zone leader conference. Elder Meinzer is the last zone leader called by President Sabey. Their mission will split July 1 so they will have the Ghana Kumasi Mission and the Ghana Cape Coast Mission. Some missionaries could serve under three mission presidents.

They had a mission tour with Elder Dickson of the Seventy. One thing that Elder Dickson told Elder Meinzer during their interview was "Revelation and inspiration are critical in this work and are dependent upon obedience." He also spoke about the fact that they need to teach by the Spirit and that the investigators need to learn by the Spirit in order to be truly converted and if they teach or learn in any other way without the Spirit, it is not of God. Elder Meinzer also bore his testimony. "Although I don't remember what I said, I remember how I felt-I felt electrified; I felt full of Spirit. I've never really felt that way before."

They went on splits with Elder Butler and Elder Glider this past week. Whenever he goes on splits with younger missionaries, he sees how much he has grown and progressed over the course of his mission. He still remembers going on splits on his third transfer with his zone leader and watching him and being in awe at how well he was able to explain the gospel. Elder Meinzer didn't think he would ever reach that level of understanding. "I think that I have finally reached that point."