Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Last E-Mail From Ghana

They had Stake Conference for the Assin Foso stake and about 1260 members showed up. That was a lot for the stake. In fact, they didn't even have enough room for everybody to sit. During the conference they split the ward that Elder Meinzer is in.

Nana, Frederick and Ransford are all ready for their baptism on Sunday. One of their investigators is Kojo, who is 90 years old. Last week when Elder Meinzer taught him about the Word of Wisdom and asked if he would commit to following the commandment he said, "It is because of this commandment that I am alive today. Of course I will continue to keep this commandment."

"As I look back on my mission I can honestly say I don't really have any regrets. I was by no means a perfect missionary; I made mistakes. But I like to think that I learned from those mistakes. I have been able to learn many lessons and have improved my patience, have developed as a teacher and gained confidence in myself. Since I am a perfectionist, I was oftentimes too self-critical of myself and didn't give myself enough credit. But I now see that I'm capable of doing more that I thought I could. I have had many great experiences out here in Ghana and have met many amazing people. But I am ready to come home!"